Accom Consulting Spain S.L. (Accom) offers students who have signed up for a Spanish language course at www.salamanca-university.org the option to purchase our accommodation service.
Our accommodation service is an additional service offered independently of the Spanish programs at Salamanca University and is subject to the following conditions:
- Accom charges a one-time booking fee of 90Eur for helping you find accommodation. This fee is to be paid when you make your initial deposit for the course.
Accommodation Deposit upon reservation
- Shared Student Flats: In addition to the 90Eur fee we will require a 100Eur accommodation deposit, which we will send directly to the landlord to reserve your accommodation (this will then be deducted from your rent or your initial deposit).
- Other Accommodation Options (Host families, residences and private apartments): To reserve a place in one of these accommodation options, a deposit of 500Eur must be paid when you reserve your Spanish program.
- Shared Student Flats: For accommodation in a shared student flat, we will only charge you our booking fee and the initial accommodation deposit upfront. Upon arrival, you will have to pay your first month’s rent directly to your landlord. If you are staying for longer than one month, your landlord will tell you upon arrival when your monthly rent is due and how it should be paid.
- Other Accommodation Options (Host families, residences, and private apartments) Full payment for accommodation is required at least 30 days prior to arrival.
- We do our very best to find and book what we believe and what we know from experience is the most suitable accommodation. However, as every student has different needs and requirements, we cannot guarantee complete satisfaction with the accommodation we find for them. Therefore, we highly recommend that students with special requests or requirements book their own accommodation.
- We cannot accept or comply with any special requests regarding accommodation (i.e. location, size, number of bathrooms, etc.). Again, if you have special requests, do not book your accommodation through Accom.
Cancellation of Accommodation
- If we are unable to find the type of accommodation you have booked, we can either try to offer you an alternative solution, or we can return the fee of 90Eur as well as your accommodation deposit.
- If the Spanish course you have booked through www.salamanca-university.org has been cancelled by the University of Salamanca, you are entitled to cancel your accommodation and get back both the fee of 90Eur as well as your accommodation deposit
- Under no other circumstances (other than those mentioned above) will we refund the 90Eur fee and/or your accommodation deposit.
- Host families, residences, and private apartments. If you are planning to stay in Salamanca for several months but are not sure if you’d like to stay in the same accommodation during your entire stay, you should book accommodation for a shorter period. Once you have booked accommodation, you cannot cancel part of it. For example, if you are planning to do a one-term program (3 months), and you want accommodation with a host family, you can book the accommodation for only one month if you let us know upon reservation. If you book the accommodation for all 3 months and decide to change your accommodation one month into your stay, we cannot refund you part of the accommodation fee.
- The accommodation service offered by Accom is a complementary service that we offer to our clients who have booked a Spanish course. If you do not agree with the terms above and prefer to look for accommodation on your own, you do not have to use our accommodation service. We will simply book your Spanish course.
Special Note About Shared Flats
- Our 90Eur booking fee for a room in a shared student apartment covers the cost of our assistance in finding you a room and our assurance that the room will be available for you upon arrival. To put it in other words, you pay for the time and resources we spend looking for your accommodation, making the reservation, and paying your deposit to your landlord
- Before your arrival date (normally 1-2 weeks in advance), we will inform you about the exact cost (rent and deposit) of the accommodation. You can find approximate costs in the accommodation section along with the full address and contact details of the landlord/family. We can also let your landlord know when you’ll arrive in Salamanca (date/time) if you provide us with this information sufficiently in advance.
- Our service only includes the above specified matters. All other issues are to be resolved directly between the tenant and the landlord/family.
- We do not admit any changes in the accommodation we have booked for you before, upon, or after your arrival.
Special Note About Student Residences
- The student residences in Salamanca are very popular among long-term students, and long-term students (studying full degrees at Salamanca University) always have preference for places at the residences over short-term students (studying a year or less). This means that we cannot guarantee that we’ll find you a place in a student residence. Please note that finding accommodation in a student residence is especially difficult during the start of the school year (in October) when there are limited places available for short-term students.
- If you decide to book accommodation at a student residence, we will let you know about 2 to 4 weeks before your arrival which residences are available. However, we still won’t be able to guarantee your spot.
- If we are unable to offer you a room at a student residence, we will provide you with alternative accommodation in a shared student flat, with a Spanish host family, or in a private flat.
- If we are unable to offer you a room at a student residence, you can also cancel the accommodation service. In this case, we will return the 90Eur booking fee and your initial accommodation deposit. Please note that canceling the accommodation service does not entitle you to receive a refund if you also cancel your Spanish course. If the only accommodation you are interested in is accommodation at a student residence, please do not proceed with your booking.