- All participants must be at least 17 years old to participate in any course.
- We accept bookings until one week before the course starts or until no places availble.
- Cursos Internationales reserves the right to cancel or amend any subject or course if there are an insufficient number of students enrolled. If this is the case, courses must be cancelled and the students will be reimbursed. Furthermore, the culture courses offered by Cursos Internationales may also be cancelled if they fail to attract a sufficient amount of student interest. Again, if this problem occurs, your money will be reimbursed.
- The prices published on this website are subject to changes made directly by the University of Salamanca.
- Within the course fees published on this website are not included excursions, cultural activities or other activities arranged outside the class hours.
- No classes will be held on national, regional and local holidays. These days will not be made up for.
- The first day’s only academic activity is a placement test, which will be used to determine each student’s level of Spanish. If the student has chosen options from other levels and it turns out to be in the initial level, they will be assigned those of this level.
- To secure your place in one of our Spanish courses you will have to pay a deposit of 300€ (for each program reserved) or the full amount if you book within 30 days of the starting date. If you need a student visa the university might require the full payment upfront to issue the booking confirmation letter.
- If you’d like to purchase our accommodation service, you will have to do so upon paying for your Spanish course.
- For accommodation in a shared flat, you will need to pay an additional 190€ (90€ booking fee + 100€ deposit) when you book your Spanish course
- For accommodation with a host family, in a student residence, or in a private apartment, you will need to pay an additional 590€ (90€ booking fee + 500€ deposit) when you book your Spanish course. (If the total cost of your accommodation is less than 500€, you should pay the 90€ booking fee + the total cost of your accommodation). Full payment for accommodation is required at least 30 days prior to arrival.
- Upon registration, you will receive further instruction about how to pay the deposit by bank transfer or credit card.
- The initial deposit is none refundable under any circumstances.
- Students who have already paid the full amount and who are unable to attend the course are subject to the following cancellation charges, apart from the initial non-refundable deposit:
- For cancellations made at least fifteen days prior to the beginning of the course: 100€ and any bank charges incurred.
- For cancellations made less than fifteen days prior to the beginning of the course: 150€ and any bank charges incurred.
- All cancellations must be made in writing.
- No refund will be given for cancellations received after the course starts.
- Changes in the number of hours or length of course are normally not possible when the course has started.
Cancelations due to Visa Denials
If you need a student visa we highly recommend that you book your program at least 6 months in advance.
- If you cancel your program due to visa denial and the course has already started there will be no refunds.
- If you cancel your program due to visa denial within less than 30 days prior to the beginning date of the course and you present the official document of denial you will be charged a 300€ cancellation fee.
- If you cancel due to visa denial 30 days or more prior to the beginning of the course and present the official document of denial, no cancellation fee will be charged.
- The visa denial document has to be in Spanish and has to be an official document signed and stamped by the Spanish Embassy or Consulate where you have applied for the student visa.
Terms & Conditions for Accommodation
Accommodation Service Offered by Accom Consulting Spain. S.L.
Accom Consulting Spain S.L. (Accom) offers students who have signed up for a Spanish language course at www.salamanca-university.org the option to purchase our accommodation service.
Our accommodation service is an additional service offered independently of the Spanish programs at Salamanca University and is subject to the following conditions:
- Accom charges a one-time booking fee of 90Eur for helping you find accommodation. This fee is to be paid when you make your initial deposit for the course.
Accommodation Deposit upon reservation
- Shared Student Flats: In addition to the 90Eur fee we will require a 100Eur accommodation deposit, which we will send directly to the landlord to reserve your accommodation (this will then be deducted from your rent or your initial deposit).
- Other Accommodation Options (Host families, residences and private apartments): To reserve a place in one of these accommodation options, a deposit of 500Eur must be paid when you reserve your Spanish program.
- Shared Student Flats: For accommodation in a shared student flat, we will only charge you our booking fee and the initial accommodation deposit upfront. Upon arrival, you will have to pay your first month’s rent directly to your landlord. If you are staying for longer than one month, your landlord will tell you upon arrival when your monthly rent is due and how it should be paid.
- Other Accommodation Options (Host families, residences, and private apartments) Full payment for accommodation is required at least 30 days prior to arrival.
- We do our very best to find and book what we believe and what we know from experience is the most suitable accommodation. However, as every student has different needs and requirements, we cannot guarantee complete satisfaction with the accommodation we find for them. Therefore, we highly recommend that students with special requests or requirements book their own accommodation.
- We cannot accept or comply with any special requests regarding accommodation (i.e. location, size, number of bathrooms, etc.). Again, if you have special requests, do not book your accommodation through Accom.
Cancellation of Accommodation
- If we are unable to find the type of accommodation you have booked, we can either try to offer you an alternative solution, or we can return the fee of 90Eur as well as your accommodation deposit.
- If the Spanish course you have booked through www.salamanca-university.org has been cancelled by the University of Salamanca, you are entitled to cancel your accommodation and get back both the fee of 90Eur as well as your accommodation deposit
- Under no other circumstances (other than those mentioned above) will we refund the 90Eur fee and/or your accommodation deposit.
- Host families, residences, and private apartments. If you are planning to stay in Salamanca for several months but are not sure if you’d like to stay in the same accommodation during your entire stay, you should book accommodation for a shorter period. Once you have booked accommodation, you cannot cancel part of it. For example, if you are planning to do a one-term program (3 months), and you want accommodation with a host family, you can book the accommodation for only one month if you let us know upon reservation. If you book the accommodation for all 3 months and decide to change your accommodation one month into your stay, we cannot refund you part of the accommodation fee.
- The accommodation service offered by Accom is a complementary service that we offer to our clients who have booked a Spanish course. If you do not agree with the terms above and prefer to look for accommodation on your own, you do not have to use our accommodation service. We will simply book your Spanish course.
Special Note About Shared Flats
- Our 90Eur booking fee for a room in a shared student apartment covers the cost of our assistance in finding you a room and our assurance that the room will be available for you upon arrival. To put it in other words, you pay for the time and resources we spend looking for your accommodation, making the reservation, and paying your deposit to your landlord
- Before your arrival date (normally 1-2 weeks in advance), we will inform you about the exact cost (rent and deposit) of the accommodation. You can find approximate costs in the accommodation section along with the full address and contact details of the landlord/family. We can also let your landlord know when you’ll arrive in Salamanca (date/time) if you provide us with this information sufficiently in advance.
- Our service only includes the above specified matters. All other issues are to be resolved directly between the tenant and the landlord/family.
- We do not admit any changes in the accommodation we have booked for you before, upon, or after your arrival.
Special Note About Student Residences
- The student residences in Salamanca are very popular among long-term students, and long-term students (studying full degrees at Salamanca University) always have preference for places at the residences over short-term students (studying a year or less). This means that we cannot guarantee that we’ll find you a place in a student residence. Please note that finding accommodation in a student residence is especially difficult during the start of the school year (in October) when there are limited places available for short-term students.
- If you decide to book accommodation at a student residence, we will let you know about 2 to 4 weeks before your arrival which residences are available. However, we still won’t be able to guarantee your spot.
- If we are unable to offer you a room at a student residence, we will provide you with alternative accommodation in a shared student flat, with a Spanish host family, or in a private flat.
- If we are unable to offer you a room at a student residence, you can also cancel the accommodation service. In this case, we will return the 90Eur booking fee and your initial accommodation deposit. Please note that canceling the accommodation service does not entitle you to receive a refund if you also cancel your Spanish course. If the only accommodation you are interested in is accommodation at a student residence, please do not proceed with your booking.